I managed to get another game in today, this time with my new Necron army against a Dark Eldar army. It was the first time I played with that army so I didn’t really know what I was doing most of the time. The game was, yet again, a very bloody and even if the game was very even I lost in the end.
Lessons I learned through the game:
* Dark Eldar shoots a lot, I’ve only played them once before so I was a bit unprepared for the amount of shooting they have.
* Dark Eldar in close combat with Necrons does not equals happy Necrons, it hurts a lot.
* Annihilation Barges are undercosted for their fire power, they’re really good and now I understand why so many give them praise.
* Air planes are also very good.
* I really, really like the new rules.
Tomorrow I’ve got a game planned against either an Ork army or a Guard army so I’m bringing Doom Scythes.
I also got some reinforcements today: