MiniaturesPaintingWhat's Next

What’s Next? Planning, Competitions and More

What’s Next? Planning, Competitions and More

Today was the last day to enter the Rainbow Brush and it looks like there’s some great entries. After some confusion I got an entry in a while back and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out and I’ve got some nice comments about it.

I’ll post a link to the voting when it’s been published.

So what’s next then?

Oil

Well I got some new spray primers in the mail this week so I should be able to start cleaning and painting my Bolt Action Soviets.

I also got some new oil paints in the mail, something I’ve wanted to get for quite some time to see if there’s a difference from the $ store ones I’ve used before.

The test piece for it will be the Tooth Fairy bust I got from BrokenToad a while back. They have a painting competition running for that bust so I have a deadline for getting him done, by the end of September.

I have started playing around with it and there’s definitely a big difference in quality and it’s hard but fun to use, quite a big difference from the normal acrylic paint.

And the winners are….

Don’t forget to check the winning entries for the Bananalicious 2 competition over at Massive Voodoo. It was one hell of a competition and while I didn’t win anything (nor expecting to) I’m definitely entering the next one they have, which is planned for 2017. So I have two years to get better ;).

Casting

I don’t know how many times I’ve had a shopping basket with home casting equipment ready to be ordered and then change my mind but now I’ve finally ordered me some.

The main reason for this is that I want cobblestone roads for our Bolt Action terrain and while I can make them myself, I will most likely go completely insane scribing all those stones so I went with option 2.

So I ordered some silicone, resin and some reinforced plaster to see which material will give the best quality/price/durability and how easy it is to use.

The only casting I’ve done before is a couple of badly failed attempts of using silicone caulk to make a mold using caulk that had an expiration date a good number of years ago. I know a lot of people use those methods successfully but I just couldn’t get it to work.

Links

Bananalicious 2 Winners

Tags: