To see my plan for this miniature, see my post here. While I have worked some on the throne, it’s on the Queen I’ve made real progress, on the Queen’s Skin.
I’ve mostly been working on her skin and I’ve come quite far.
So far I have almost followed my plan, dark cold grey for the throne and cold medium to light grey for the Queen. There has been some small changes but not by much.
I added some glazes on the throne but it doesn’t really show up in the photos.
The candles are finished besides the flames and if I feel adventurous I’m going to try to paint a small OSL effect.
For the Queen, my plan was to have her a bit on the colder side and minimalistic with shading down the her legs and arms.
The first idea was to use cold grayish brown but I decided to take a chance and introduce some warmer color for contrast.
For that I chose to start with African Shadow (S75) which is a nice medium dark reddish color. After building up the color I started adding more and more black.
The shadows on her body got some very light purple glazing to get some more depth.
Using the contrast between dark and light, cold and warm should look make it pop a bit more.
So far I’m happy with how she looks but there’s still a lot to do.